Sunday, June 5, 2011

An Impromptu Celebration!

I want to start off by stating that yesterday was such a beautiful day filled with family, friendship, and  celebration for the anticipated arrival of a very loved little boy. When I checked into labor and delivery 13 days ago, my doctor informed me that I would not be able to attend my baby shower that my dear friends Nicky, Jordan and Katie had spent so much time preparing and planning for. I am not going to pretend that I was anything less than heartbroken. This, like everything else I had planned for, needed to be let go of and not dwelled upon. I involuntarily broke the news to my friends and family, who of course, all warmly understood, and told them we would celebrate after Baby P's birth. The nurses later informed us that a small, intimate gathering could take place in my room, as long as we kept it to a minimum. So...my friends were off planning again, trying to get my family and those closest to me in my room, by Saturday, to shower Baby P and toast to his soon arrival.


I woke yesterday with such anticipation, it felt like Christmas morning! I watched the clock religiously until my family and friends arrived at 12:00 pm.  I can honestly say, my 18x20 room was instantly filled with love that was so big it could not be contained. Nurses constantly walked by shutting our door because the noise volume was heard throughout the delivery hall ways! Poor women trying to focus during birth were overwhelmed by the sounds of laughter, celebration, and a little Jack Johnson. 
Each of these women created a memory that will forever live in my heart. This reminded me of the saying "We should embrace the bad day's, because without them good days wouldn't feel so precious.” 
I was so exhausted after this party...because in case you didn't know, bed rest is a very tough job ..haha...I took a two hour nap and didn't even flinch when my nurse came in to wake me up twice! 
Thank you again to those of you who were a part of the shower, will be a part of our August celebration, and/or have sent me encouraging emails over the past 2 weeks. I am so grateful for all of you xoxoxo
-Jana

1 comment:

  1. Only you would look that FANTASTIC at 32 (?) weeks pregnant and after almost two weeks of hospital bed rest. You look gorgeous and so happy.

    ReplyDelete